Live Ghost Hunt from St Barnabas House with Niki ParaUnNormal & Rob Szarek
Built in 1912 the Saint Barnabas House started off as a summer retreat for the brotherhood of Saint Barnabas which was an Episcopal order of priests. Over a period of time the brothers opened up it’s doors and turned the building into a personal care facility for the sick and needy, and eventually evolved into taking care of many troubled or abandoned youth. It is also rumored that the brothers also assisted in the tuberculosis epidemic. In 1977, Saint Barnabas House closed its doors on the personal care level due to not being able to meet state regulations due to financial costs. After the personal care facility was closed,The Barnabas House was still used by the diocese for retreats and conferences up until its sale in 1994. At that time three brothers that were buried under the floor and a fourth that was cremated and placed in one of the walls of the chapel as a resting place were removed and laid to rest at a few different local cemeteries. In late 1994 the Barnabas House was reopened as a privately owned personal care and assisted living facility. This facility operated until 2010 when it voluntarily closed its doors due to regulation changes causing financial hardship on the facility.
Many people have experienced audible voices heard throughout the building, doors opening and closing on their own, dark masses moving up and down the hallways, the feeling of being touched, and a woman is seen wandering throughout the building. These are just some examples of the multitude of activity that occurs at this historic lakeside facility. (Information obtained from https://www.facebook.com/pg/hauntedbarnabas/about/?ref=page_internal)
To find out more about Saint Barnabas House or to book the location for an investigation visit https://www.facebook.com/hauntedbarnabas/